Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How to Cloth Diaper Your Baby #2 Diapering




Before I started using cloth diapers on Little, I thought that they must be super hard to use.  Everything you hear about diaper pins and leaking.  I was very nervous.  Good News: the cloth diapers you can get now are totally not like that!

I use Flip diapers.  They adjust to 3 different rises and a ton of different waist sizes using easy to access snaps.  Then you just stick in an insert and put it on your baby.  I have some of their inserts and I also use cotton cloth diapers.  The inserts that come as part of the flip system are awesome- they are cotton on one side and microfiber on the other so they are super absorbent but they keep your little one dry.  They also have fold lines stitched on them so you know exactly what size to make them.  The down side is that they are much more expensive than basic cloth diapers.  I use cotton prefolds now.  When Little was smaller, I used birds eye cotton flat folds.  Both of those are really easy to fold.  I just match their size to the size of the flip inserts.
These diapers are super simple to use.  If you have never used them before, start with a happy baby!


Take out the soiled insert and toss that in your diaper pail.  Stuff a clean insert under the flaps in front and back.


Lay the diaper under your baby, just like with a disposable diaper.


Snap each side to the perfect fit for your baby!


Don't cloth diapers look cute?




If you want to know more about cloth diapers, check out some of your options here.

Come back tomorrow to see how I wash our diapers!

Did you miss yesterday?  Check out How to Cloth Diaper Your Baby #1 Options

No comments:

Post a Comment