Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easy Chocolate Ganache

We had a killer night and it has been a long day.  Little started crying at around 3:30 am and would only sleep in my arms with me sitting up from that point on.  This morning I had a pounding headache and very achy neck and shoulders.

By the time the afternoon rolled around, I was worn out.  Little refused to nap so we cleaned the kitchen.  Once the kitchen was looking cleaner, I thought, why not make some cupcakes?  That was clearly an idea inspired by exhaustion.

Well, the cupcakes came out of the oven and Little finally went down for a nap.  I frosted the cupcakes, cleaned the kitchen up again, and decided to make some ganache to make my cupcakes extra special.  (Note: this was my first time piping on the frosting.  I don't make cupcakes often at all and I normally just spread the frosting on with a knife.  Delicious but not nearly as nice looking.)  Ganache can be used for all sorts of things but I love the way it looks on cupcakes and cakes.  So fancy!


Notice Little supervising from her high chair?
Chocolate Ganache

Ingredients

1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Bring cream to a boil.  Pour over chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes.  Whisk until smooth.  Let cool stirring frequently.  Use immediately.

Linked at http://www.iheartnaptime.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment