Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A day in my life

Life as a stay at home mom is incredibly busy.  Before I had Little, I had no idea how it could be so time consuming to cook, clean, and take care of one baby.  I am hoping to write one of these every month.  Writing down most of what I do all day really gives me some perspective when I am feeling drained as I roll into bed at night.  I did all of that?  Really?  Me?

Little wakes up to eat at 1:52 am, and 4:38 am. She normally only wakes up once so I wonder if she might be teething.

At 6:15 I wake up to Little chatting, 6:30 I get up and see that Little has scooted around in her crib and is stuck in a corner.  We play with Husband, and Little eats her first breakfast.


At 7:30, Husband leaves. I pick up around the house a tiny bit, bring the diaper covers upstairs (they were still drying outside), and feed Little again. She falls asleep. I hold her, return emails, and blog.

At 7:50, I set Little on the ground, warm up my coffee, put away some dishes, and start my homework.


8:15 Little wakes up and I spend a few minutes finishing up my homework.

8:20 Its play time! I get dressed, look up dinner recipe, toss baby laundry in to the washer, check for ingredients for dinner, pack the diaper bag, and feed Little.

At 8:50 we head out the door and meet my mom for coffee and run some errands.

10:00 we get home. Little eats again. I think she must be growing.... Little takes another nap.


It's 10:30 and I finally get breakfast. I spend a little time reading the Bible (Hebrews 1-4).

10:45 Little wakes up. Time to clean the kitchen! I also make granola and apricot baby food.

11:30 everything is in the oven so I get Little dressed and feed her again.


12:20 I bring lunch to husband.

1:20 I put dinner in the crock pot and purée the apricots for baby food and finish the granola.  I put the baby laundry in the dryer so we'll have some pajamas tonight.  I hate to use the dryer but for some reason it is raining in June.

1:45 Little is still sleeping so I do some computer work.

2:00 Little wakes up so I feed her. Carrots are her new food this week. She doesn't love them yet. :) I also breast fed her. We play and take a 10 minute nap.

3:00 Take Little to my mom's house and head to class.

7:15 I get home to a hungry baby. At least my dinner is already done! First time making salsa chicken and I like it!  Husband and I take turns holding Little while we eat.  Then we play some more!

At 8:30 Little is definitely ready for bed.  I nurse her and she falls asleep.

9:00 I get some time with Husband,

10:00 Its finally bedtime for me!  Little is being kind of fussy so I hold her in bed for a few minutes before returning her to her crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment