Monday, October 8, 2012

MOPS and Autumn Crafts

I am not a crafty person. I rarely use a hot glue gun and when I paint, it's always one solid color. That said, I always wish I did crafts but I have neither the time nor the creativity to get far.

With that clear, I am proud to say that at my mom's group (MOPS) today, I finished a craft project that I am quite proud of. It's a wreath for fall made of yarn wrapped around a pool noodle. I feel good. I did something pretty. Something not involving my house or my baby.

My mom's group is a huge blessing to me. It's a chance for me to vent about being a stay at home mom. It's a time to get advice from other moms. It's a time to be me around people who understand the challenges I face. I go to MOPS but there are plenty of moms groups around. I would recommend that all moms find somewhere they can go and talk. It's cheaper than therapy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment